As I drew in my head, and was turning around, Down the Chimney and Noxious, It Came With No Sound

Here in Montreal area most peoples fireplaces are not primary heasting devices for their homes.

They are most ofter used for ambience and comfort pleasure when you have company in of an evening or family visiting on holidays.

This blog is a timely sage safety reminder from a respected home inspection colleague.

RB

SantaTwas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
But nobody knew that CO gas was there.

(And wait–those aren’t sugar plums dancing in our heads!)

With the Holiday Season decidedly upon us, we’ve got homes full of guests and we’re snuggling up by the fireplace–and that’s already two great reasons to be absolutely sure that our homes are protected from harmful carbon monoxide gas. After all, the only thing we want sneaking out from the fireplace this year, is Santa!

Because carbon monoxide is a completely orderless, colorless and invisible poisonous gas, we can be completely unaware that it is filling up our home until it is too late. But that is why they make carbon monoxide detectors; and as long as we use them and place them in all recommended areas, we can keep our families and friends safe this holiday and always. Here is a video from the U.S. Inspect library all about carbon monoxide and how to prevent poisoning:

 

Original blog post on ActiveRain: Link to Blog Post

Advertisements